Most importantly, I\'d like to have a conversation with applicants via instant message or Skype to discuss the details of the scope. I am the product manager, and will be suppling further technical information about the functionality and implementation. Conversational English is very important as the deadline for this job is 2 weeks, so communication needs to be very clear.
I will refer to the website as the \'Adventure\' website for reference.
It is using the Drupal user profile system and \'roles\' to handle user profile data.
Users will be able to generate a profile on the website using LinkedIn login.
Users will also be able to connect other social media profiles and grant permissions to an Adventure website app, which allows it to read their newsfeed.
The Adventure website will need to be connected to its own various social media accounts, eg: Adventure Company on LinkedIn, Adventure Page on Facebook, Adventure Profile on Twitter. This will provide access to the Adventure news feeds from each social media platform.
Here is the basic flow:
1. User signs up to the Adventure website via LinkedIn login and generates a user profile
2. User grants an Adventure app permission to read their LinkedIn newsfeed
3. User Follows the Adventure company on LinkedIn
4. User posts a status update on LinkedIn and @mentions the Adventure company
5. Adventure website captures the post from the Adventure LinkedIn Company newsfeed
6. Adventure website correlates the user who authored the post on LinkedIn with a User who has a matching connected LinkedIn account and adds relevant data to the post, eg:
• A profile thumbnail from their Adventure website user profile
• A LinkedIn icon and direct link back to the original post on LinkedIn
• A truncated version of the post content which could include the title and a few lines of text
• A link to their user profile on the Adventure website
7. This post then gets added to a queue and published to the social media aggregation feed on the Adventure website
Note: The scope for the exact behaviour of the queuing and publishing system requires further discussion.
This flow will be the same for all social media platforms – LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. The only difference being that users may only login via LinkedIn login, so for the other platforms the flow would start at number 2.
We are using Git & Gitflow to manage the entire Drupal installation, including modules. So it\'s important that the developer have a good working knowledge of Git and Gitflow.
The developer will also require a local development environment that is capable of running Drupal 7 (LAMP stack), as well as Ruby 1.9.3 or higher to handle the SASS features of the Omega 4 theme.