Project will only be awarded to inspire007:
"Out of Stock" feature to be added to existing application as discussed in private chat. Feature should periodically check eBay and Amazon listings to identify items being sold (check every 15-60 minutes depending on API call limits). Feature will then check status of item on the suppliers website to see if still available.
1) If item is returned as unavailable on supplier's website, the feature should check again to ensure that this error is not generated by a "pop-up" box or something similar.
2) If item is returned as unavailable, the feature must modify ebay and amazon listings listings for this product (linked by item number) to change quantities of available items for sale to "0".
3) Software should return a "out of stock" (or similar) error message in a color other than red but one that is easily distinguished (perhaps orange)
4) Feature should have a safe-guard to prevent it from changing all listing quantities to 0 due to an HTML change or a down server on our vendors website. Let's discuss the possibilities here.
If you can think of any other features that might be beneficial, let's discuss as well.
Project award: 50% milestone created
Project finished: 50% milestone release & remaining 50% milestone created
Project testing completed: remaining 50% milestone released
Thanks, and I look forward to working with your again.
Disregard # 3 in the above description. Basically there should be "as-close-to-realtime" updates of what products are not available that are currently listed. Perhaps a link to a similar looking dashboard as the eSales program with columns labeled something similar to as follows:
1) date/time (of identifying the item is unavailable)
2) Item #
3) item description, (item was made unavailable)
4) quantity in stock amazon (prior to update)
5) quantity in stock ebay (prior to update)
6) revised quantity amazon (should be 0 after update if out of stock)
7) revised quantity ebay (should be 0 after update if out of stock)
The program should also identify when the item is back in stock and provide notification to have quantity manually changed back to former quantity.
Something like that...I think you understand the idea, so let me know what you can do that gets me close.