Briefly, I need a context menu option within MS Outlook 2010 that, while writing an email, will allow me to insert a range of vacant dates from a particular Outlook calendar with the click of a button.
In more detail…
I work for a training provider; each of our instructors has an MS Outlook calendar in which admin staff insert bookings. It is only possible for the Instructor to service one customer or booking per day, so an entry on a calendar day means it is unavailable.
Admin staff respond via email to customer enquiries, providing information including a range of available training dates. Since all confirmed bookings are entered as a calendar entry in MS Outlook, if there is a calendar entry on a date then it is not available and is not be offered to customers.
Emails are constructed from templates stored in MS Word (see Figure 1.0) which are copied and pasted into the body of an email in MS Outlook (see Figure 2.0).
Staff then refer to calendars within Outlook (see Figure 3.0) and populate the body of the email with vacant calendar dates (see Figure 4.0, I have populated from the calendar titled [url removed, login to view] in Figure 3.0).
• I require a context menu, such that I can right-click the body of an email or by other means, select an Outlook calendar from which to populate dates in the email body.
• We only offer out week days; weekends can be ignored entirely.
• If a calendar date has an entry, it is considered engaged and does not go into the body of the email.
• I want to offer the next 60 vacant calendar dates.
To clarify, we are using MS Outlook 2010.
Thank you in advance.
Dates should be:
• In the format 21st, 22nd, 23rd etc….
• Comma separated
• Ideally, the date number should be followed by the correct abbreviation i.e. ‘st’ for 21st, ‘nd’ for 22nd, ‘rd’ for 23rd.
• New month on a new line
• End with the written month and year i.e. June 2014
4th, 5th, 6th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th June 2014
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 7th, 8th, 9th July 2014
14 freelancers are bidding on average $617 for this job
Excel and VBA expert for over a decade. Master in Information Systems. I have delivered similar projects in the past. Please check my portfolio for: [url removed, login to view] Estate (video demonstration) [url removed, login to view] (video demonstrat Mere