We have a live student learning and management interface which was custom built 11 years ago. System was coded by skilled clean coder. Still works fine. Had various mods and updates done, now need several more mods and additions. Will require confidentiality agreement please. We will supply entire system including database for download so you can work on your own machine. Later we will give you server access to create temp testing area before making the system live. We can also give you access to the live system from the start as long as no work is done there.
The requirements set out below might not be meaningful to you until you get to run the system on your local machine.
1. Display user's photo in user's details page. You will have to define a method and prompt for the user to upload his picture and then display it.
2. User details to include date they commenced the course, meaning, the date we entered their details on the interface. Either the system should detect the date automatically, or we need a date picker added (which is probably the better option)
3. User will be able to edit some aspects of their details. At this stage we are thinking of allowing them to change email, phone, password and address. Adrian to confirm. It is likely that within this profile editing ability will be the prompt and ability for the user to upload an image
4. Currently we have in user's page under "User Modules" a long list of modules with hidden forms including two forms for two workshops - Statement workshop and Surveillance workshop. We want a third one for "5 day Fast Track class". Delete all other "modules" so we end up with just these three. And these three should each have only two form fields - start date and end date
5. We need the ability to search the database based on a variety of criteria including dates, periods, locations, names, workshop names and locations, course names and locations etc. Essentially the entire database.
The objective, as an example, is to allow us to find out who attended a specific workshop by location, for example - Sydney, surveillance, 5 December 2013. The results should list the student names and be linked to each user's page
6. we have CSV files downloads available via two links at the bottom of the users page in both the old and the new interface. The old one generated the spreadsheets correctly with all the required data, but the new ones don't. We need them to work like the old interface (note: access to old interface will be provided if needed)
7. often we find that users don't know how to upload a file or they upload into the wrong heading which means we have to log in as the specific user and using their interface, upload the page. We would like some way that would make is simpler for admin go into a user's details page and with a few clicks upload a file into one of the required slots?
8. admin sees each user's details including a list of assigned work files. We have a separate display that shows when a file has been returne by the user and then when it has been approved by a tutor. We need the file that has been approved to disappear from the list of assigned work files. This will make sense when you see the system running.
All of these requirements and comments can be explained more fully. Whilst I am not a coder, as a web developer I have a pretty good understanding of coding issues and web based scripts. Once a confidentiality agreement is signed, you can get access to the live system.
If your work turns out successful, we are happy to discuss additional modifications to this system, mainly because some of the features of the system have never been used by us as was originally intended with the design.