I require an experienced Web Service developer to create a few simple web service calls.
Here is what I need:
- YouTube Search Service
I would like a web service that takes a search string and returns a json array of all the videos that matches the search string on YouTube. This service accepts three json parameters, a search string, a start index, and the number of entries to return. The json array that is returned should include the video name, video id, thumbnail url, length of video, description, upload date, and the number of views.
- Get Video Title By URL or ID
I would like a web service that takes a YouTube video URL or video id and returns details of the video including: video name, video id, thumbnail url, length of video, description, upload date, and the number of views
- Get Featured Videos
A service that returns a list of the popular videos featured on the YouTube home page.
- I require the developer to use the YouTube API available here: [url removed, login to view]
- I do not want the developer to obtain these results by crawling through the HTTP page source code and parsing out the results. I want to use the real YouTube API’s.
- I would like the developer to set me up with the required hosting. Please let me know what kind of hosting plan I will need.
- I would like these services to be scalable. At first, they only need to handle a small number of requests, but I would like to be able to scale up over time to handle millions of queries.
- I want a very experienced developer.
- I would like a mechanism to ensure the web service only works for requests coming from my app, but I do not want user/password authentication.