Need a conversion from Microsoft Excel into a database. The end user will need to be able to search, simply, through a web browser to access database. Search easily, by example: author, year, etc...
The end user will be of older ager so the easier the better, therefore a basic search and advance search web template to access database.
The attached files are not current but similar format. Maybe 100 more entries.
Would like for the databse of choice to be open source and free and accessible with Internet explorer.
Would also need an easy template to access the actual inventory of books. To easily add more books or delete discarded books from a web browser.
The actual database would be accessed by most two people at one time. One for viewing, one for adding/deleting. Typically one user at a time.
In exisiting database/spreadsheet, need existing date for author name field seperated into: #1 below
1. list author by: a)first name, b) middle initial and c)last name
2. remove "subject matter" and replace with "subject" "area relationship" "person relationship"
3. add a heading for "acquired from", "signed", "inscribed" "first edition" "condition" "other information" "association/book plate"
4. changed "date acq" to "date acquired" and "pub date" to "publication date"
5. change "location" to "publisher"