I need to set up a new small Web site for the purpose of providing about 20 of my fellow teachers with information and helpdesk support ticket tracking. This will be standalone, i.e. it will not be integrated with my employer's enterprise systems/ current Web site.
I will register a domain. Prefer use of open source.
* I need help selecting an inexpensive hosting solution meeting technical requirements of site and installing/launching site.
* I would like the site to contain the following features: phpsupporttickets or comparable, easyphpcalendar or comparable, and a knowledgebase system. They will need to be installed, configured and customized to some degree (maintain color scheme across site, if possible)
* Site will need a homepage design and associated programming. I will provide a logo/banner as required. Homepage: 3 col. layout> side nav bar, side link list> middle column NEWs text> based on php blog theme OK as long as there is some control over look and feel(css?). Little to none photos/graphics required in design. Ability to add them to the design later would be nice.
* I will administer site. I need to be able to do that on both Windows XP and MacOSX machines. I have ftp and html/Dreamweaver skills at the novice level.
* Site needs to work properly with IE (Win & Mac), Safari and Firefox (Win & Mac).
* Need articulate communications and some explanation at launch.
* Please reply with portfolio/work sample location.