We are looking for programmers who MUST BE WELL VERSED with WP-UNITED plugin mod for phpBB + Wordpress integration and with php programming background. Please do yourself a favour and save both of our time by not bidding if you do not have experience installing this WP-UNITED MOD.
I have a website and will be operational soon. On our site, we have a wordpress blog and phpBB forum (Not installed yet). Below is what we want to do.
1. To synchronize the integration of phpBB + blog user ID database to our own site user ID database to ensure if a new account is created or deleted, the adding and deletion of user ID will apply to both the phpBB/Blog + our own site user ID database.
2. Blog and forum comments are cross compatible.
3. To USE AND LINK some phpBB functions on our "Create a New Account" page like password retrieval, send e-mail confirmation to user upon new account created, check if username already exist in database when opening of a new account.
4. There is no need to integrate the forum and blog Admin Control Panel (ACP) into our own backend. We would just access the ACP separately on another browser using the given ACP default settings.
If possible, we would like you to use phpBB3 for this integration.
I have checked on WP-UNITED forum and due to the plug-in no longer being supported by the author, integration problems seem to arise when using phpBB3 with Wordpress version higher than 2.3. There are some users who are able to make the integration work correctly with phpBB3 by using the Wordpress version 2.3 instead of higher Wordpress versions.
There are also other customizations that need to be done as follows :
1. I would like to change the default theme of phpBB forum to other freely available theme that will suit the color of our site. Please propose some ALREADY AVAILABLE theme options (which can be changed instantly from the theme settings) that will deem suitable to blend with our overall site color. We do not want you to customize from scratch for us.
2. Perform some php coding for the phpBB forum to enable the ability to tag comments as being “Product Related Posts” (Product Comments Filtering).
Looking forward to your bids. Thanks.