The system is a client/server connection. All transactions (such:. entry of student records, purchasing, creating class schedule, subject enlistment, entry of grades, payment of accounts, creating of reports, notifying financial aid when a student register so their student account can automatically be credited with financial aid funds received) can be done online using any web browser (such Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox) as the primary application to access the online system. Thorough security through the whole program is a must to protect user account and password. Once logged in the user will be able to access authorized pages / modules (such: admission, student account (which will show user their balance if the owe school and will have options for payment online through credit card or pay pal), registration, grading, financial aid, and student module.
Database: ORACLE or MY SQL Server 2005(open for suggestions of which will be for efficient
Reports: Crystal Reports 9.0 or higher
Optional: Database selection and actions (insert, update, delete) are stored procedure
• Admission Officer and Staff
• Registrar and Staff
• College Dean
• Faculty and Staff
• Visitors (there will be a option on the front page that will allow visitors to frequent the site for information that is available to all(please see example at: [url removed, login to view]) this link will also allow you to view a good example of what we’re seeking.
• Handle admission of current, enrolling, and transferee students and maintain updated information past and present students (example: current status)
• Display student master list from different level
• Generate student statistics (include the monitoring of freshmen, transferee, old/returnee students)
• Handle of withdrawal of students from enrollment
• Will require every student, faculty member, and laborer to generate a ID and password which will allow students to check important information when necessary (example: school balance, grades, class schedule, allow students to drop courses and etc), (this will allow faculty to submit grades and also give them options to log into main system to check student transcripts), and (every laborer will be required to have a ID and password to use email, check payroll status, and etc.
• Subject Enlistment
• Adding, Dropping and Changing of subject schedule
• Dissolving class section
• Class Scheduling
• Pre-registration entry
• Display faculty information and organize subject load of faculty
• Handle the following master files: Course, Curriculum, Subject, Class Room, Laboratory Room, Section, Department
• Display student information and grade history
• Handle student grade records / Transcript of Records
• Generate reports related to grades
• Class record of instructor
• Assessment (Regular assessment / add / drop / change assessment)
• Can accept all types of payment
• OR Cancellation
• Can accept partial or full payment
• Handle past due payment (previous balance)
• Generate report for daily cash in-flow, monthly summary cash in-flow and HOP report
• Entry of discounts
• Account receivable
• Display history of student financial record
• Maintain assessment fee rates or standard payment settings
Student System (All information in this module is viewable only by student)
• Display student information
• Display history of financial records
• Display history of class schedules
• Display grades (Transcript of Records)
• Pre-registration form
• Self subject enlistment
• Provide user accounts and password
• Maintain user rights in every modules
We want this system to be state-of-the-art client-server computing system based upon proven and scalable technologies that has been successfully implemented in many schools and institutions worldwide. We want this system to work with infrastructures all ready available and technology already available and in place at schools. What this means for individuals is simplified information access and management capabilities from both easy-to-use PC desktop software and the World Wide Web. What it means for the school is a homogenous administrative computing system that addresses current and long term needs. We would like it to be user friendly to all current up to date mobile devices.
Solid reliable data base
Point and click features once logged in system (must be reliable and user friendly
Form software- Oracle forms developer or a form package the compares.
Good registration package required- registration package must do staggered registration (allow registration to be delegated in sections because of large amounts of students at a school and this way will help in keeping the system from being overloaded by everybody trying to register all at once.) This type of package will allow registration to be assigned for certain times.
Important area links for backend data base and front end- finance and purchasing, financial aid, registration, area to check grades, payment area to receive funds via internet.
Front end self service feature- when link is clicked on it needs to be able to recognize whether the user is faculty, student, or other staff when their proper username and password is submitted.
Security encryption is another important piece for front and back end.
More information will be discussed with selected bidder. Please only bid if you have the experience and skill set to complete this project in a timely manner. Thank you.