Good PHP Programmer needed to maintain a custom built customer relationship management site.
The coder (you) will need to
- have been working with PHP and MySQL for some time
- able to maintain code written by someone else
- propose and code better ways to accomplish the same thing
- write better code if better code can be written
- test and debug the site/system
- fix any problems with the current code
- fix bugs based on a buglist
- be available and working on this project at all times
- not be working a full time job cos you cannot be available
- be contactable by ( skype || yahoo || msn ) && phone
- preferably be able to work over the week and weekends as well
- have a good command of english on the phone as well as on text chat
- have a microphone and speakers so can talk through skype
- provide daily updates and status report (important)
- be working with me - so your hours should be compatible with mine. ie from about 10am GMT+0800 to about 2am GMT+0800. If you are in Asia or Europe, it is probably compatible, if not, you will have to make the effort to be online at my hours
The system has the following features
- It uses PHP4/Mysql on a Linux base
- It automatically sends and receives email (SMTP and POP)
- It classifies mail into individual folders
- It supports multiple users with different privilege levels
- It supports multiple languages (english and chinese ++)
- site sends and receives chinese emails (which doesn't quite work at the moment)
If you are an expert PHP programmer/coder/debugger and can start work immediately, work hard and are smart, this job should be relatively fun and challenging.
Work with me for a week (Saturday to Friday) and we can consider a more permanent position.
I'm modifying the bid request a bit to include documentation.
- You will mainly need to use and test the site, and come up with a list of problem areas, non working stuff, bugs etc.
- You will then proceed to fix the issues reported, based on a priority that I will assign.
- There are three classes of users - agents, supervisors and administrators. You will write a user manual for each of these classes of users. Please provide a sample of any user manuals etc that you have done in a PM
- A simple software documentation is also required, ie installation, system requirements, architecture etc.
- Typical hours that I am online would be 1000 to 1900 and 2200 to 0100 GMT+8. Tell me what times you can manage within those hours.
- I'm not expecting to spend too much at this time while we evaluate each other. So I would like this part to be about $100 for this week, for about 4 hours each day. At a per hour rate of about $3.40, that comes up to approx 28 hours.
- If you would like to take a look at the website, let me know in a PM and I'll get the details to you.