Move existing site to Joomla / Virtuemart or equivalent CMS
Hello & Good Day,
We are a small business specialising in digital sewing machine designs and have been in operation for some years but would like to automate our payment system and contemporise the site. At the moment we are taking payments manually which is not only cumbersome but unsafe for our customers. Our current site is located at http://www.stitchingart.com.
We need a website developer, preferably an open source enthusiast, to help us create a unique and appealing Joomla! content management system site - see [url removed, login to view] with an integrated virtuemart shopping cart see [url removed, login to view] capabilities (formerly [url removed, login to view]). The customers are predominately older retirees and aren't necessarily computer savvy so ease of use is imperative. It is absolutely essential that the site be searchable via Google and other search engines (SEO) and the site will need to be e-commerce driven with a solid emphasis on digital sewing design related content. On the e-commerce side, our expectation is that the customer will add designs to a cart then follow through a payment gateway then subsequently download the design in a zipped package. It is also essential that as much detail can be seen of the designs as possible (large resolution pictures). Below is some more information about the project – we hope we have been thorough in the description.
It is absolutely essential that the prospective bidder researches the amount of work to be done on this project and bid accordingly. We understand that the site is hard to navigate at this time but if you can't access a part of the site or can't get a feel for the gravity of the work to be done, please contact us and we'll be happy to provide assistance.
Should you feel that a better e-commerce solution would be better suited please let us know your thoughts and your reasons why. I would idealy like to limit the choices to Joomla/Virtuemart or osCommerce.
****** This is a featured project so you will pay no commission ******
• All sewing design content merged from our current site at http://www.stitchingart.com. (Please note that this site is down at the moment but all the content can be found at [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view])
• Previous customer references and examples of past engagements are essential in order to win this bid.
• We will pay on completion to our satisfaction by GAF escrow.
We want the following attributes:
• fast loading
• visually engaging
• dynamic and fun
• easy to navigate
We want the following functionality:
• ecommerce – with special, featured and latest products all over website
• secure and timed downloads (eg. downloads available for 30 minutes) for purchased designs
• blog and/or articles
• photo gallery
• refer a friend
• subscribe to newsletter
• product search
The project will also include: Some of these functions already exist with Joomla and need to be configured.
• developing a custom or modifying an existing template – must be appealing, engaging and easy to navigate.
• configuring full virtuemart shopping cart functionality – with all proper modules – including payment & shipping and products – and final testing;
• setting up newsfeeds;
• setting up a ‘refer a friend’;
• setting up a add your email request – for newsletters emails;
• creating search engine friendly urls;
• loading finished product to our host.
We would like to have it complete by the end of July, 2006. If you have any questions, please contact us through the proper channels.
Who we are looking for:
• It is very important that you, the developer, have an excellent understand of english. If you are the right developer, this project comes with the possible opportunity for future ongoing development.
• I need someone with excellent skills and solid provable experience in joomla website design/development, programming, site management and all aspects of hosting and data management.
• In addition, I need someone with strong work ethics, high degree of sense of responsibility, commitment to timeframes, and an ability and readiness to communicate regularly.
Please bid if this project calls to you.
Thank you very much for your time.
If you feel as though a 3 word response with no PM is necessary to win this project, think again! I won't bother even glancing at your bid if you can't be bothered to write a decent *personalised* response to my brief. Your response is indicative of your efforts and commitment to communicate clearly to me; as such I would suggest that you think carefully regarding your response. Remember, this project is worth up to $5000 (possibly more with a bonus if it completed on time and to our satisfaction).
Thank you for your time.
109 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $3269 for dette job
We are Joomla/OSC experts. You can see this from our recently won project list on GAF. Please check PM. Thank you, Encodedart, Inc – a Canadian Solution Provider Company.