This is a project with three main parts 1) Fixing a small number of Mambo-related bugs with the site, which are listed below and 2) Creating a Browsing/Search related function for the website. 3) Interfacing the Paypal paid merchant accounts so we can process credit cards
The website is geared toward apartment listings and is now expanding beyond 1 city to about 20 cities. The current system right now is only capable of handling 1 city efficiently (inside of the 1 city, the system allows you the browse through neighborhoods). I need a system which can support multiple cities with the corresponding interface. Perhaps a map on the front page (much like [url removed, login to view]) is the right way to go here, although I am open to other thoughts. So ideally, someone can quickly from the main page choose their main location (city) and their their specific area within the city, and do a search like that. Not too complicated, but it needs to be done well. The system already runs the Mosets real estate script.
3) The Mambo Mosets script for real estate already supports credit card billing. All that is needed is for someone to synch up the system flow properly, i.e. making sure the steps go properly from creating a listing, to the "cart" page listing charges, to the actual payment. Again, since the Mosets script has these competencies already, it is not a complete build from scratch.
1) These are the main bugs that need to be fixed:
• Page expires when I press "back" from the apartment listing page to the apartment search results page
• When I click on "Apartment" on the Main>Apartment link, it takes me to a page that lists every apartment rather than those that are near the are of the university
• The bottom of the browser shows an error notice: something about an "object expected"
• Forgot your password link leads to a "page cannot be found"
• When I log-in and hit the "Find your school", "list with us" or "articles" links they log me out.
• When I log-in, it logs me out right away! ie It brings me to the search page but on the lefthand side of the webpage it still has the log-in screen up; on the right hand side the search options, etc. that normally are there are not.
• The link to get a PDF version of a listing brings me to a page that says "Internal Error"
• On each listing's page, the PDF option not working here as well (but the print and email options are working)
• Listing on Nodorm webpage has a link for advertisers that does not work
• Add property page – Info link not working
• Search page – hold shift for multiple campus search?
• View My Listings has access to everything?
• Hard to navigate propery listings. In particular, the sort option is unclear (ie arrows). Perhaps something like "least expensive first," "more expensive first," etc.
• It would be good to have a "search by number of bedrooms" option- currently you can only search for "1 or more bedrooms" or "2 or more bedrooms"- we need to be able to search for "1" bedroom exactly or for "2" bedrooms exactly
• How do I change my password? I did a password reset and the confirmation email said I could change my new password but did not explain how
• "Sort property listings" is not very user-friendly
• Why does it say “Search again” on user menu when I haven’t even searched yet?