Our requirement is for a multi-format video player for flash. We've taken our inspriation from YouTube, FlowPlayer, and Moyea. However, their licensing models are too complicated, and they have far more configuration optionns and features than we need.
Please read the requirement below and the attached example JSON file.
We need a couple of extra features that give us e-marketing capability also, including transparent image overlays, click to launch in a URL, and URL customization.
Should play all video media types supported by Flash player:
* Google Video
* Yahoo Video
* HD up o 1080p or Normal
* HTTP streaming
* RTMP streaming
* Should play sound from video
* Select item from playlist (with thumnails) similar to YouTube player's selector.
* Semi-transparent image to overlay the video.
* Clicking image overlay launches URL in default browser.
* Configurable player background 'skin' image (default, and per-video)
* Clicking image will toggle between play/pause, similar to YouTube player
* Playback/volume/fullscreen controls will look and feel similar (or identical) to YouTube player
* Most common video aspect ratios (4:3, 3:2, 16:9, etc) without changing the overall size of the player.
* Controls should scale with size of flash viewport in the web page. Overall aspect ratio will match YouTube player.
* Toggle between in-page and full screen.
* Simultaneous replay of MP3 sound files during video playback or static image.
* Youtube player style buffer display.
* Button and tooltip text read from configuration file.
* Can be an accordion of the thumbnails, image gallery, or another effect, developer's preference.
* Must offer a way for the user to browse the thumbnails and select a video to play.
* Only available/visible if playMode is set to userSelectable.
* Appears at start and end of current video.
* IE 8 and 9
* FF 3 and 4
* Safari 3.6 and higher
* Chrome (latest version)
Flash player compatibility:
* Adobe Flash player 10 or higher.
* HTML params or player URL must specify location of configuration file.
* Configuration file will be a json-formatted array, controlling:
* Play configuration (autostart-random, autostart-sequential, manual start, user selectable playlist)
* Default background image URL (when video not playing, or video background url not specified)
* Player button captions/tooltips, etc.
* Playlist. Each item in the playlist will also contain (optional)
* Video URL
* Secondary sound file URL (optional)
* Video duration
* Video viewport size (16:9, 4:3)
* Any other paramters specific to a particular video format.
* Player skin image background URL (for this video)
* Image overlay:
* Image URL
* Image tooltip
* Image transparency
* Image position x,y (relative to video picture)
* Url to Launch when image is clicked.
* May use BSD or MIT style license 3rd party components.
* May not use any other (GPL, Copyleft, etc) components.
* Copyright to all custom code will be owned by us.
* Code must be written in Adobe Flex 4.x or higher, written as an Adobe Flex Builder project.
* Player must word if Ajaxed-into an existing web page in which the player has not been inserted.
* Please provide an example script that does this on the fly.
* Must be delivered with:
* Two different config files with two different playlists and two different default skins
* Examples of all of the different supported formats, including static images and sounds, using videos, images, and sound files found in various places o this Internet.
* One playlist must be auto, the other user-selectable (playlist)
See the configuration JSON file for an example of how the player and playlists should configured.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Saturday May 14, 2011 9:40:01 PM:
Please ensure that your bid shows you have read, understood, and are capable of completing the project. Standardized, pasted-in "we can work on your project" replies will never be considered. Thank you.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Wednesday May 18, 2011 9:47:58 AM:
Have reposted here: [url removed, login to view]