We are looking for a very experienced "Elite" programmer to lead the development of our web application. We are a funded startup building a website that aggregates hundreds of magazine online, and organizes them into categories or "Channels". We are developing the next generation version, which will include the following:
1) Implementation of Full site redesign - graphic designer is finalizing mockup
3) Implement open source collaborative filtering
4) Improve search sophistication
5) Add user reading history and bookmarks
6) Add user profiles & reputation system
7) Improve on existing web-crawling technology
8) Implement credit card transaction processing
Our existing application was built in Cake PHP, and we are considering migrating to Ruby on Rails. We need someone, ideally, with Cake PHP experience. This is a minimum 4 month project, and depending on performance, there's an opportunity for full-time employment with salary + equity bonus + cash bonus + healthcare benefits. We are looking for someone to put in 65+ hr. weeks in the initial months. This position offers tremendous potential to someday lead a large team of developers with an opportunity to have substantial equity ownership in our company.
Candidates living in New York, Chicago, or California are geographically ideal, but this is not a requirement.