I want an easy joomla component that does these simple things:
0. Scans a table in my database to find all entries with no data in "TAGS" field, and executes the following steps (Steps 1-4, below) on all entries like this.
1. Grab the text (string) in the "description" field.
2. Passes this text (string) to a python program on my server using the proc_open() function: [url removed, login to view]
Here's an example of the INPUT and OUTPUT for the python program that you would see in command line: the 'description' text (string) passed to the program would be 'I ate pizza with a fork.':
>>> print [url removed, login to view]('I ate pizza with a fork.')
3. Again, using proc_open(), read this output into an array, only keeping elements marked with NN tag. In the example above, Pizza/NN and fork/NN would only be saved.
4. Enter these strings (example: "pizza" and "fork" into the "tags" field in my database like this: 'pizza, fork' (separated with commas).
Finally, this component should have a few basic VIEWS in the joomla Admin section:
1. configuration view.
2. View, Edit and Save filters view
3. Sort view.
1. Configuration view - this is a very simple page - similar on all joomla components. Values in the component PARAMS file can be changed here.
2. View, EDIT and save Filters view: this is a page to enter a list of comma-separated TAGS (words) in a text field, and save them as a filter. Example: entering "pizza, fork" in the text box, and clicking save would save this as filter 1. Entering "dog, cat" and pressing save would save this as filter 2. All existing filters should be visible in a list. Finally, there should be an option to select an existing filter, and click "Edit" to allow word list to be edited, and then click "save" again.
3. Sort View: this is an important view (template) page. I will provide an example to show you what I want, but here is a good description:
Select a filter from drop-down menu, ex: Filter 1, Filter 2, etc. and click GO.
Each filter has keywords - so search is done for all entries in LISTINGS table that have 1 of these keywords.
Results from LISTINGS table are shown in list on page.
TWO actions can be made for these listings on page:
1) Select Category, and click SAVE ALL - this updates all listings on page with a new category number in the same LISTINGS table.
2) Select Category for each listing, ex: Category 1 for listing 1, Category 2 for listing 2, etc. Click SAVE to update new category number for each listing in the LISTINGS table.
This component will have the standard Joomla1.5 files: a [url removed, login to view] file, a XML file, a controller (PHP) file, a PARAMS file and finally, some template (view) files. All very basic joomla structure that is the same for all components.
I expect this will be a very simple project for a Joomla EXPERT - you must have experience with the proc_open() function, which is a very basic function in PHP similar to exec() or popen(). If you prefer to use exec() please tell me why.
Please bid and send a PM with the word EXPERT. Only the lowest bids will be considered, because this is an easy project.
Thank you -
GivetoLive @ GAF
4 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $338 for dette job
Hi, We have a good team of experts in our company and can do the job as desired. We have our sales office based at USA so that you will get immediate response in regards of your work. Thanks,