I need to get a J2ME application developed. I am highlighting the top-level work/features required, complete specs will be given to selected bidder:
1) A text form with AUTO-COMPLETE feature. (You can use existing solutions in J2ME available on the web or develop your own).
2) Ability to open files in phone's directory (html/videos/mp3s etc in phone's default browser or appropriate application on the phone).
3) Reading some .txt files for storing user login/password, configuration/settings for the auto-complete behaviour, etc.
5) ***OPTIONAL:*** Ability to send/receive SMS. The app should have facility to send SMS to a specific number, and wait for the reply SMS from that number, and parse it (in background).
[If you dont know how to do this, you can still bid for the project - I can plug this in as a separate module later].
6) Scalable UI: The application background (an SVG/BMP file) should automatically scale according to screen resolution. Also, scree rotation should be handled gracefully.
7) Custom buttons. All buttons/text forms should be custom. The default ones in many phones are not very pretty.
8) Compatibility: The app must be compatible with multiple phones - Nokia (Symbian), Sony, Samsung, Motorola, others.
9) Auto-update: The app should have an Update option in the menu. This should connect to particular URL, check, download and install if newer version is available (You should know some php or other web-design - you will need to do the web backend part for the auto-update).
10) Licensing: The app, on startup, will open a specified URL. The IMEI number of the app will be passed to this URL, which will return a license based on the IMEI. I will write the licese validity function for you in J2ME, but the internet connection has to be handled by you.
11) Some miscellaneous settings/options to control the apps behaviour.
Thanks & Regards,
I am looking for these qualities in the developer:
1) Expertise in J2ME for GUI design, canvas draw functions etc./ ability for develop attractive GUI.
2) Efficient, clean, modular, and robust code.
3) Basic web design skills (php, etc) to complete the web backend for the application.
1) Code should be well documented and commented
2) I will need a separate top-level document describing the applications flow, various classes, etc..
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Thursday Apr 8, 2010 8:07:56 AM:
If you cannot do the web-backend yourself but will need help with it, please mention in your bid.