I'm curious as to how much it would cost to create an iPhone app that would tell you the closest New York City AA meeting to your current location based on the time of day.
the NYC meeting list is here:
[url removed, login to view]
I think it would include:
1. Gathering the location of each meeting from the site (begin with Manhattan and Kings county on the map)
2. refine and clean data and place in database
3. write iPhone application,
Use current location combined with day of the week and time of day to determine the 5 closest meetings.
Use day/time and location to return the 5 closest meetings (search feature).
4. Deliver application, and make customizations if necessary.
5. Apple itunes application approval process??
additional features for extra $$
google maps integration (the same application but runs in browser, and returns results based on location clicked and time of day)
The google maps app would no doubt be easier. I would be willing to pay less for just this one application.
Support additional counties (queens, bronx, staten island, westchester, hoboken)