We require the ability to extensively track the traffic through a website.
You, if you are chosen, will be responsible for providing us a method in which to add a track device into our existing webpage. We would rather this method not require us to change from standard html. This software must be portable in the event that we decide to add or subtract pages in the future.
Your software will be responsible for tracking:
* A user’s movement. Meaning we would like an easily readable report informing us as to the route a user takes will surfing our website.
* The number of unique users. It is understood that unique will not be 100% accurate. However, we do require this to be reasonably accurate. This means a unique user will be someone who is not cookied with an original ip address. Cookies may expire after 7 days.
* The referring website.
Your software must generate reports on:
* The number of unique users
* Where a visitor came from
* The most routes taken by a user
* A method in which to track the success of a ppc campaign (just use the refer or provide a method to direct ppcpages as a specific referrer)
* Number visited on a specific day
* Number of unique visitors on a specific day
* The busiest time of day
Read the Deliverable. It contains requirements for the coder. By bidding you agree to the terms so a failure to read it is no excuse.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
You may code this in any language you wish.
Your code may have identifying markers however the end user may not see them.
Your code MUST be well commented for changes in the future. A failure to comment well will result in a 10% reduction in your payment.
At the end of each week you will submit a complete copy of everything completed. For every 7 day period you fail to do this you will be docked 5% for a maximum of 10%. After two weeks of not submitting work your contract will be terminated and you will not be compensated for any work completed or submitted.
Include a deadline in your bid. If you do not you will not be contacted and you will not be chosen. If you fail to meet your deadline you will be docked 5% per week for a maximum of 10%. After two weeks your contract will expire and you will not be paid for any work completed or submitted.
You are expected to write a simple to follow instruction guide on the use of this system. No payment will be given until ALL WORK IS COMPLETED.
**If this is unacceptable do not bid. We are not negotiable on any of these points.**
all 3.0+ versions of Internet Explorer and Netscape