I run a site using software called WebDate by Webscribble. [url removed, login to view] I am looking for a person who can implement a chat script into it, using the existing members database (so they don't have to relogin to another script. The WebDate software is written in php and as such I would like to keep the chat script in php but this is not a requirement. I will consider all bids that can implement the features I have requested.
The following feature requests are not required but would like to have. I will most likely want these features available at a later date but can be implemented in a separate bid.
**1) Administration menu
2) Font/size/color text change ability
3) Ignore feature for members to be able to filter out members messages in the chatroom they don't wish to see and to stop them from messaging them.
4) Some sort of buddy list
5) Any other features that would make the chatroom more user friendly and feature packed.
**To the bidder who wins and satisfactorily completes this auction. I value coders work and as such wish to work exclusively with the same coder on future projects. I will have the following future project bids to be given to them exclusively in private auctions. The upcoming projects are as follows and will most likely be posted within a months time of completion of current project:
**1) Forum integration using existing member database. Can be completed using PhpBB, miniBB, or any other similar forum. I am also open to ideas for forum integration.
2) Adding of custom fields to current website sign up page. The new fields will have to be searchable. (This is an easy request).
3) Integrated Web Links script.
4) Integrated News Posting script.
5) Modification of the script to only allow only members with completed profiles to view and search other members. I already have code for this feature but it is not completely functioning.
6) Plus many more. I look forward to working with competent and trustworthy coders for the life of the site. (This means lots of work to be sent your way by me)**
The following are the features that will be required unless specified otherwise. Please be able to implement as many as possible if you bid:
**1) Allow unlimited members (if possible). If not possible at least 30-50 users at the same time.
2) The ability to have multiple rooms and private rooms
3) Some emoticons i.e. smiley icons (not essential though)
4) Near instant message posting (no noticeable lag between posting/viewing)
5) Admin or Moderator abilities (i.e. allow me the power to ban/kick users)
6) Private message ability (message someone in the chat room but not the room directly). The site has an integrated instant messenger, so perhaps you could just modify it for this feature.
7) The ability to click on user name and bring up members profile (This feature can be added at a later time in a separate bid if need be but I will need this feature).
8) Any other features that would make the chatroom more user friendly and feature packed.
The following are the additional requirements of the project.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. The chatroom only need be integrated with WebDate software and not neccesarily as a stand alone script.
2) Full help installing the scripts and databases on our hosting company. Bug free operation for 2 months.
3) Complete documentation of all functions, codes, features of the new integrated features.
4) Code needs to be easily maintainable and upgradeable (ie, uses include files, functions, etc). The coding should also make each section function properly and allow for continuous updates and edits to each section.
5) You should be willing to work with us on ongoing basis for updates and new features in future. May be an yearly contract can be signed up later for maintenance, upgrade and to introduce new features.
6) They chatroom shall be 100 percent bug free after making the required modifications. I want absouletely no errors at the time of purchase nor afterwards. This will mean I want an installed and working copy of the chatroom before payment is authorized. This is due to coders whom I have tried to work with previously who have insisted that they scripts worked perfectly but after testing I was always able to come up with at least 5 errors/problems.
7) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
The software was created using PHP and some proprietary formats. The current webhost the site is hosted on is a linux platform.