We are looking for coders who can work with us on a regular basis to write regular expressions to extract data from web sites. Please make sure your bid is competitive because we will have ongoing work for good coders!
The following qualities are desirable:
1. You can write a regex that works correctly on the first attempt
2. You write regular expressions which work for most pages on the web site (assuming the structure of the pages are similar)
3. You write regular expressions which are flexible so small changes in the structure of the web page don't impact the ability to extract data from the site
If you have a sample of how you write regular expressions, please send it in your response.
For this project, we need you to write one regular expression. Go to the page below and extract Business:
<[url removed, login to view]>
Don't directly click on this link. You will need to copy and paste it into your web browser.
Or if that link doesn't work for you go to:
<[url removed, login to view]>=
Select Electrician. Enter 000015018 for the License Number. Choose Micahel K. Walsh
Don't do anything special with line breaks. Our application transforms the source HTML into a single line.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).