In short: we plan to open a hosting company. There's not much software capable of the things we want, so we chose to have our own.
- server management including apache2, mailagent, ftp, mysql, nameserver
- user management with access control and quota
- multi-lingual support
- direct billing system via customer account (where all orders and payments are listed, all bills can be downloaded)
- reseller-capability (own customers, own design, own nameservers, same system)
- multi-server capability, so one interface operates multiple servers (including server-down-warning etc)
Basically it's something similar to confixx oder plesk from sw-soft, but including the customer-management.
To make that point clear: we want some software to manage our server, it's no help for us to have people doing the job ;) The software should be capable of all the things i wrote a few lines up.
Just some notes to get the outline of the project, additional to the key features mentioned above:
- one master server with the control panel
- control panel is also the website-frontend to order the hosting packages
- control panel is template-based and multilingual
- various (up to serveral thousand) clients controlled by the master server
- switching customers from one server to another
- mirroring single servers on demand for redundancy (clustering)
- automatic backup solution for customers (just for the ones that order backups)
- billing and support included in system
- centralized script installation (on-click installation of scripts like osCommerce on user-account, including database setup etc, we know that there has to be a preparation of the scripts for that)
- software-updates and installation (e.g. apache, php-modules) should be made once and then copied to all the client servers (or just the ones selected from the server list)
20 freelancers are bidding on average $2175 for this job
We are here to make the project successfull and professional for you. It's time to make it working. Please check out PMB to get an idea of our qualification and experience and contact us for further information.