I need a developer familiar with Oscommerce that can add the following functionally onto our established, fully functional, existing, heavily modded Oscommerce site. The goal here is to seamlessly work out the customers country, tax rate and currency based on their IP Address.
1. When user first connects to the website (not logged in) add extra information to the users cookie country, currency.
- country will come from IpToCountry table ([url removed, login to view])
- Currency will come from a the country table, with an extra field to allow default currency code for each country.
2. Based on users IP Address, automatically default Country for these pages:
- when not logged in: [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view]
3. When not logged in, Based on user's Country auto select the Currency using the new extra field in the country table.
4. Add a preferred currency field to the customers table, [url removed, login to view], account_edit.php.
5. When a customer logs in, update preferred currency for non-Australian addressed customers based on ip address based on queried results using tables below containing ip-country. Australian users will continue to use the store default (AUD) currency.
6a. If Customer's Country <> to Australia and show only the EX TAX prices
6b. If Customer's Country = Australia and show only the INC TAX prices
6c. If Customer's Country is unknown, show both ex tax and inc tax.
6d. If Customer = fixed ip address (that will be provided to you), then show both EX TAX and INC TAX prices as is the case now. This is so that when we use the web site locally for phone sales and price lookups we can see both prices at a glance.
Users should still be able to overide the Country and Currency when not logged on and their selection remembered with a permanent cookie if possible. Country auto selection should not come into play at all when user is logged on.
While currency auto selection needs to work for users not logged in and saved with a permanent cookie if possible. Once the user logs-in, auto select currency based on their pre-logged-in cookie currency and set in the customers table, except if a default currency is already set in the customers table, then use the currency from the customers table.
Additionally while logged in, when the user changes the currency on the sidebar, automatically update their default currency in the customers table record for them. If they are not logged in, when the user changes the currency on the sidebar, automatically update their cookie with their newly chosen currency.
I will setup a test site on the web for you to work on. I would like this database or another similar db used for the ip-country lookups...
The IPToCountry table stored locally for speed:
[url removed, login to view]
and there is a php script to go with that one here:
[url removed, login to view]