We require a small script to be written that can be called by one of our existing web based systems.
Our existing system should be able to call a URL with URL parameters that include a URL to a source Excel file, a URL to a destination Excel File, a type of 'translation' and a code which specifies the 'translation'.
The script should then access the source Excel file and grab the data it needs from that file and transforms it as necessary and puts it into the destination source file.
The script will then provide the HTTP response of the finished output Excel file which our existing system will save for its own use.
I am open to any solution that provides this but experience shows the best way forward is with .Net.
1. The files to be dealt with are relatively large and complex.
2. The script must be able to decode the transformation code to understand what it must do
3. The script must be easily updated as we identify new transformations that are required.
4. The script must be able to identify and read XLS and XLSX files automatically.
4. The script has been attempted in PHP without success - using PHPExcel the files are just too large
5. The script has been attempted in C#.net with limited success - we need someone who know's what they're doing.
1. You can do the work within 7 days
2. You have EXPERIENCE doing this type of job
An example transformation code would be "A1:B7|C3:D10; F12:F13|nextclrcol(A4)"
This would include 2 transformations (split by the semicolon ';'), the source data is to the left of the pipe '|' and the destination is to the right of the pipe '|'
Copy the data from cells A1:B7 in the source sheet to C3:D10 in the destination sheet
Copy the data from cells F12:F13 in the source sheet to the corresponding number of cells in the next clear column after the cell A4.
So if A5 is empty then we check to see if A6 is empty so we can put in the source data. If both are empty then we'll put in the data if not, lets check A6 and A7, or move again to A7 and A8, and again to A8 and A9. This continues until we find the next free columns that can take the data correctly.
The current list of transformations do not get any more difficult than that.