This project involves configuring and customizing a Moodle course in PHP. Moodle is one of the most widespread open-source PHP course management systems. It is well documented (see [url removed, login to view]), so if you don’t have Moodle experience but are a strong PHP developer with MySQL experience and experience with GoDaddy, then I would be interested in working with you.
Other than this short-term project, I have a long-term need for a consultant to work with me on more courses and also potentially for many months of PHP development.
My immediate needs are the following:
1. ability for users to enroll
2. one lesson of about 32 pages that consists of a linear series of HTML slides. It will look similar to the content seen on the Demo link at http://artemis.ppag.org.
3. two quizzes containing multiple choice and numeric answers. User must answer every question correctly in order to pass the quiz. Quiz questions will contain links to other content that I will provide
4. Administrator should be able to see who is registered, who looked at lessons, and who passed the quizzes.
5. a forums module that is open-to-all (I will create the forum threads)
6. lesson and quizzes should operate in a pop-up window (size of browser window should be similar to what is seen at the Demo link at [url removed, login to view]). Home page, Enrollment and Forums modules should be sized normally (not operate in a pop-up window).
7. look and feel of the main page, course and quizzes should match the colors at [url removed, login to view]
I have already installed Moodle on my GoDaddy account and will give you access if you will do the work. I will provide the content.
The exclusions for this project are listed in the bulleted list below.
* Limited to one lesson and two quizzes.
* Lessons and quizzes will follow linear format
* Out-of-box Moodle enrollment options
These assumptions are listed to ensure that all parties understand what assumptions the team has made in order to create the proposal:
Prior to Award
* Sponsor will give bidders two day to present bids after posting on Rent-a-Coder.
* Bidder should provide at least four examples of PHP work that he/she has completed, preferably an example of a previous Moodle project.
* Sponsor will provide all content needed for implementing the functionality prior to project start
* Sponsor will be responsive to the developers request for information
* Developer will complete work within one week
Constraints are conditions that can potentially have a negative effect on the project. The constraints listed here provide all parties with information about constraints and can work to alleviate the conditions if possible. If these conditions cannot be alleviated, this section will provide warning of their existence.
* Sponsor will be reasonable regarding any unexpected challenges discovered by the developer (even though such challenges are not expected).
* Developer is requested to complete the project within one week unless an unforeseen challenge is discovered.
This is a straightforward project with ongoing potential for future projects. Zolstice has the need for ongoing PHP development in the coming months.
The Sponsor expects a certain amount of give-and-take and can be flexible about exact design. However, the Sponsor is not flexible about having a beautiful design that matches the look and feel at [url removed, login to view]
PHP, Moodle, MySQL, GoDaddy