We are a mobile location startup focused on taxi ride sharing based in Asia.
We have a unique concept with a lot of interest from later stage investors eager in seeing how this app performs.
We're looking for a talented back end developer / architect with solid skills (python / Ruby on rails / PHP) to work on the backend system that interacts with the our iPhone app.
The backend database will be mysql/MonoDB for initial launch, with ambition to migrate everything to amazon EC2/SimpleDB service.
Our iPhone application depends on a suitable back end to provide near-realtime feedback for the users, so we are looking to move things onto Erlang at some point and if you can do it quickly we're open to that also. Push notification experience a definite plus.
We are looking for a developer familiar with Agile development methods to work on a aggressive schedule.
- PHP / Ruby On Rails / Python Expertise. Experience with various dev frameworks a plus.
- Experience with Mysql / MonoDB database optimization preferred
- iPhone (objective-C) coding experience preferred for better communication with iPhone dev but not necessary
- EC2 / SimpleDB experience
- Erlang experience
- Experience with Apple Push Notification Server Implementation
- Familiarity with PivotalTracker or equivalent preferred
We need a pragmatic person who is passionate about mobile location applications. We're not religious about the language or tools provided you can justify it.
Except .NET which is poo.
Please also advise us if you are open to travel and possible relocation at a later stage.
For the right person we are open to offering an equity accelerator on top of a paid engagement.
• Please name your references, number of development staff and number of administrative staff.
• Seller will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure and Non-Compete Agreement before we share further project details.
• All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under the laws of Hong Kong SAR copyright law.
* We will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased, but are willing to negotiate an equity share for the right individual.
• No part of the deliverable may contain any copyright restricted 3rd party components (including GPL, GNU, Copyleft, etc.) unless all copyright ramifications are explained and agreed to by us in writing.
• Timely completion is crucial.
• 10% paid upon completion of development discussions (requirements documentation, wireframe, API)
• 20% paid upon submission of a first review with full functionality
• 20% paid upon dev completion
• 20% paid upon first acceptance tests (bug fixing)
• 20% paid upon project completion (both customizations accepted by Apple and live in iTunes)
• 10% paid one month after app went live and it shows no bugs.
If you have any questions please ask. Please work through the main requirements and make sure you have the necessary skills and knowledge.
Please reply to the requirements and questions in the description above.
We are looking for a long-term development relationship and look forward to your bids.