My company is looking into having a clone of groupon.com. Save functionality as offered on that site. Here is a brief description and also a wireframe of the promotion page:
- Registered users can buy coupons online for a wide variety of promotions
- Coupons are only valid when bought in minimum amount, which is set upfront
- Coupons are delivered in a digital format after tipping point of promotion is reached
- Coupons can be bought during a limited time period with expiration time set upfront
- Users can discuss promotion on promotion detail page
- Users can share promotions through social media
- Users are regularly notified of new promotions
- User needs to sign up to receive access to promotions
- User places order for promotion at promotion detail page, credit card is validated.
- When required order quantity is reached and promotion deadline has been reached, orders are being made final.
- User receives notification with result of promotion offering.
- When promotion is successful, user will be send an e-mail with digital coupon attached in .pdf or image included in e-mail, both in a print-ready format. Coupon should contain a unique ID per transaction. Credit card will be billed.
- When promotion fails, user is notified by e-mail. Credit card is not billed.
Note: Future possible enhancements include unique QR-code generation which can be included in .pdf, mms or e-mail and mobile payment gateway integration.