I have a need to have two scripts written in PHP that will read information from a URL, parse it, then put the parsed information in a mysql database.
Here are more specifics on the requirements :
- There are two different formatted web pages where scrape data will come from; a search results page and a detailed view page
- Each of those pages take GET parameters which will cause them to generate different data but the presentation format is the same. The script will need to be able to accept one or two parameters that it will use to construct the URL
- Parse information from the scraped pages will need to be put into a mysql database
- The script will need to be able to run from the command line, not from a web browser, such as "php [url removed, login to view]"
- I will provide a linode VPS to develop and test run the script