**I have built an online catalog in PHP/MySQL that I need to be able to search from the front end of my site.**
**First, here is the breakdown of the catalog:**
There are many products (`product` table).
Each product has a description and title.
Each product belongs to a merchant (`merchant` table)
Each merchant has a ZIP code and a LOCATION_ID (based on the metro area they're located in)
Each product is associated with either 1, 2 or 3 categories.
the product-category association is made in the table `product_category`
There are about 800 categories in my tree with a maximum depth of 7. (`category` table)
**How I need to be able to query data from this catalog:
**1. I want to be able to keyword search product titles and descriptions
2. I want to be able to browse the catalog by category_id
3. I want to be able to keyword search within a category (and its sub categories)
4. Whether I am searching or browsing, I need to be able to filter the results based on the merchant's ZIP code or LOCATION_ID at all times.
*This needs to be done efficiently so queries do not take too long to return results.
The system should be dyamic, so it reflects changes I make to the catalog.
I am open to using 3rd party GPL software.*
***In your bid to me, outline how you plan on solving this problem for me. IE: with 3rd party software or with regular PHP/MySQL. If you ignore this part your bid will not be considered. Thank you.***
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
I run a Linux server with MySQL [url removed, login to view] and PHP 4.x