Gallery: [url removed, login to view] -- I'm leaning towards this one if if meets requirements
Copermine: coppermine-gallery.­net -
other: image server of your recommendation
1. abiilty to upload entire folder of images
2. ability to upload images from a webpage url
3. preserve image file names
4. ability to create groups of images (like a collection) that will all be stored in a single folder
5. ability to easily locate and read the images and thumbnails directly from the webserver without going throught the image application. (something like [url removed, login to view] or [url removed, login to view]
6. ability to auto generate at least 2 thumbnails for each image source with our choice of size (right now it will be 400xwhatever and 120x150 but these dimenstions may change)
7. BONUS (but not required) ability to override the autogenerated thumbnails and allow us to specify a cropped section of the large image for one or both of the thumbnails.
8. Ability for us to crop the image for the thumbnails
9. ability to auto archive to a different server all image files for backup
10. ability to get a 'dump' of all image names and the group they belong to. Probably this is simply reading the appropriate database tables.
1. research the available shareware applications. select one that best meets requirements
2. install on our server
3. verify and demonstrate all functions