First a bit about the business so you can help with ideas. We are a nutritional business focusing on the swimming market. We are going to be strictly ecommerce based so we need a system that works with internet sales. We are looking at keeping our current site [url removed, login to view] which is run on joomla and has the cart application virtue mart. These are what we wish to use should it be possible. Currently we are having problems with the merchant and payment gateway accepting virtue mart as a certified sh loping cart which I find hard to believe. We are looking at bank of america and first data (link point). But they don't seem to be able to use virtue mart. Which is making us look at merchantservices.com. They accept virtue mart.
However we NEED recurring billing. It is vital for the site. I've seen modules that allow for this on virtue mart but how safe are they etc as security is a concern for the recurring billing side. Also shipping that has a built in automactic cost thatchanges depending on the customers location compared to the compay. So that whole side needs to be set up (virtuemart and the relevant components).
Our site is currently up and running, we have a duplicate which we will put onto the [url removed, login to view] domain. It needs few template changes but tweaking here and there.
1. Integrating virtue mart with a merchant and payment gateway provider.
2. Installing a recurring module into joomla that allows for recurring billing and making sure it works. Needs to operate on monthly cycles.
3. Tweaking of the current look of the website.
4. Finding a shipping module that automatically adjusts costs depending on the location of the customer relative to the company.
5. Setting up a secure site that allows secure payments. Security bots etc.
6. Any thing else I'm forgetting that could add value to the site that you think might work.
Look forward to you reply.