Some small extra functionality shall be added to the existing and widely used Joomla Phoca Download component.
The Phoca Download component allows FRONT end users already in its standard version to upload files and to add some information/descriptions in fields about those uploaded files (e.g. Author's name, version number, title, etc.)
Following this existing concepts several more "fields" shall be added to the front end page where some additional characteristics of the file can be entered. A list of the fields required will be provided.
Normally, users would manually click on a download button/link to download a filed from Phoca Download. In this project a function/php script shall be added which would allow an external application to "call"/download a file from Phoca Download.
ALL communication between Phoca Download and this external application shall follow RESTFUL ([url removed, login to view]) and be in "SIMPLE XML", NOT in SOAP !
The external program will pass to the php a request like "give me "[url removed, login to view] from Phoca Category A".
Then the php checks if this specified "Category A" exists in Phocadownload. If "not" then the php returns something like "no content for this category" back to the third party application. (all language strings to be stored in ini files for easy translation).
If Category A does exists then the php checks if also the file "[url removed, login to view]" exists. If it does, then the download of that requested file shall start and deliver the file to the external program.
If "[url removed, login to view]" however does NOT exist then by default an alternative file "[url removed, login to view]" shall be delivered/downloaded (there will ALWAYS BE such an English "default file" like "[url removed, login to view]", but just to cater for the unlikely case and the file is missing by error and neither "[url removed, login to view]" nor "[url removed, login to view]" exist then a message "no content available" shall be returned.
To cater for the situation that the files are downloadable only for "registered" users the external application shall also pass the required credentials to the php function to be developed.
The external application "requesting" the download is under development and details of the communication between the external program and the Phoca download function can still ne agreed upon.
As long as the development of the Phoca Download function follows the RESTFUL concept (see IBM link above) the developer of this Phoca Download is pretty much free to take the lead in suggesting how the communication protocol between the two applications shall work.
- bid only if you do the job yourself, no "middle men"
- bid only if you are reasonably fluent in English (sorry, but we speak only English)
- bid only if you are prepared to have a (business) DAILY chat, and if it is JUST 1 MINUTE to see if there are questions (good for you and for us!). We will not hold anybody up with useless blahblah but we will ONLY WORK with people who are contactable. Do not "disappear" without giving notice/reason so we understand what is happening! We reserve the right to cancel the project immediately if people "disappear" and dont respond to posts/emails!
- payments will be tied to milestones, milestones mutually agreed upfront and documented here on freelancer (we will talk about this during the bidding process and agree that with you, of course) so that everyone is clear what to do and what to expect. Again, good for you and for us!
- we post FAIR feedbacks...
- if we can work well together, there would be more work... but only if we work well together