I am looking to build a website similar to [url removed, login to view] in which specialists can bid on posted jobs. I would like to use the Joomla platform for this and rely heaviliy on any free, open-source tools available. We would like to incorporate community builder as well as other add-ons to give the desired functionality. This phase will be devoted to building the backbone for the site. If you can provide graphical design services, all the better.
Please contact me with any additional questions.
Here are some additional details on the project:
I need a "clone" of www.elance.com in which specialists can bid on posted jobs. I would like to use the Joomla platform for this and rely heaviliy on any free, open-source tools available. We would like to incorporate community builder as well as other add-ons to give the desired functionality.
I would like the front-end interface to be visually similar to www.prosper.com
Here are specific features I want to see:
1. Community-based using Community Builder features. Want ability to view user profiles, tag, blog, connect, and rate job performance.
1.5. Want ability to create community groups with forum.
2. Want rating system based on percent score like eBay. Also want to show number of successful jobs completed like elance.com
3. Ability for buyer to post and manage multiple jobs like GAF
4. A streamlined, Web 2.0 template with simple but attractive interface (see prosper.com)
5. Back-end should allow me to edit and add pages, content, and categories (retain Joomla functionality). Must be able to add and remove job categories, manage users, etc.
6. Notify users of jobs posted in their expertise area or expertise.
7. Other major features distinct to GAF
This project can be split if single contractor does not posess both templating and coding skills. PM with skillset.
Some additional clarification on this project:
I came across a site: www.odesk.com
I really like the functionality of oDesk and would like a similar look and feel.
Also, I am not necessarily stuck on Joomla. IF you think this can be done in pure PHP, I am willing to go that route. I would still want a flexible back-end.
Though I like the look and feel of oDesk, I like the feature set of www.iFreelance.com better. I am not wanting all the features of oDesk.
16 freelancers are bidding on average $1207 for this job
Treewalker is the team of experienced and professional web [url removed, login to view] would like to get this opportunity. Looking forward in anticipation for your considerations. Please see PMB for details.