We would like to provide the visitors of a website with the ability to record audio from a computer's microphone, store the recording on a server and ability to playback the file. The user will be recording for voice for a slideshow, so we need the ability to individually refer to the audio file for every slide in a slide show.
1. The client should be able to record their voices from mic of their own computer, and the recorded audio should then be transferred to the server.
2. The client only needs to open a web-page to complete above mentioned task. Thus this service is better to be implemented in Flash.
3. There should be a corresponding interface for playing the audio fetched from server.
4. Server stores the audio into either a database or file-system. Therefore the audio must be well organized.
5. Audio clips on the server should be associated with the user recording them. There should be a way to find out either the disk-space or the total length of audio one user has.
Ideal solution should be able to be used within social networks like facebook, myspace, hi5, etc.
Ideally, the solution would be using Flash Media Server. It should be such that we can use a generic FMS host to host the solution.