Looking for a Volusion Delivery Date Calendar / Date Picker to go on our product detail pages similar to the following link [url removed, login to view]+Gifts%3aCookie+Bouquets&navLocation=T%3a7-8%3a5-13&viewpos=3&trackingpgroup=gcb
Here are some of the specifics
1. Lead Time = 2 Business Days: Lets say you place a order on Monday the Oct 8th. That order will ship our on Wed. Oct 10th.
2. Shipping Days: We count shipping days as "business days" which are Monday through Friday not in including Saturdays, Sundays or any UPS shipping holiday.
3. Shipping Methods: We use UPS Ground, UPS 2 Day Air, and UPS Next Day Air. 2 Day and Next Day are pretty easy to do the math on but ground seems to be the wild card because it's based on Zip Code. Ideally the customer would be able to put their zip in and it would query UPS's time in transit API to let them know when ground would have it arrive. If not we would need to have the calendar show the "guaranteed" dates as the ones that are would use Next Day and 2 Day air as we can guarantee them and ground would just be called "Standard" delivery as long as we buy ourselves at least a 5 day delivery window as that is how long it take to get a package from Syracuse to the West coast using ground.
4. Set Shipping Method: Once the customer has picked the date they would like the product to arrive is it possible for that shipping method to be set in the cart so they don't have to select it again? The only thing that they would need to do in the cart is have the option upgrade to guaranteed delivery if they had only selected "Standard" which would be ground and is not guaranteed (see the ProFlowers checkout process).
5. Set Ship Date: Once the customer has checked out is it possible to have the script do the math for us and set the "Ship Date" for us. We talked about having it written to a hidden custom field that we could have show up in the process orders section of Volusion so that we can sort and process orders based on "Ship Date".
6. Flexibility: We would need access to the script in order to add or subtract non shipping days or add or subtract the lead time. As we improve our capacity we might need to pull our 2 day lead time down to 1 for example.
I hope the information provided is clear enough, I tried to detail out the process as closely as possible. Please let me know if you need any other information.