Momus Media, originally founded by two college roommates and based in Cambridge, MA, is an internet start-up that serves as an umbrella for several web development projects.
Momus is looking to contract a firm or team to design and code a rich content website that attracts a loose network of users based around community-uploaded media that highlights the darker side of internet hilarity. Users can upload pictures, video, and stories that feature the top viral internet memes to be rated and viewed by their peers. The website will be fully open to the public and posting is anonymous to allow fully free expression.
Momus' team is an experienced group of internet entrepreneurs, the founders having launched half a dozen websites between them. They are prepared to offer an extremely detailed project spec that covers feature-set, layout, color theme, site map, data structure, etc. to the team that takes on the project. They will be available round-the-clock for questions and to provide oversight on the project, to ensure that at the end of the project, both counterparties step away satisfied.
Momus is currently planning and developing multiple projects that require a lot of hands-on development. Thus, we are definitely open to long term developer partnerships. If the first build of the site goes well, we will most likely bring an additional 1-3 year road map to the table.
We are in the process of composing an extensive design brief. If you or your firm is selected, we will deliver this document for your review before the commencement of the project. To give all interested parties a general idea of what features we are looking to include, we have generalized some of the overarching objectives in the section below:
1. Website must have the ability to post rich media content.
- Ability to upload text stories, pictures, and URLs to embed externally hosted videos
- Ability to add text descriptions to these elements
- Each element (e.g. a story, a picture, or an embedded video) is searchable internally, associated with tags, and will have its own individual page (like YouTube)
- Site revolves around these elements
2. Upload process is extremely simple
- Incredibly fast, AJAX-enhanced form on the homepage
- No login required (the ability to upload content anonymously)
- No user accounts or user pages
3. Search and retrieval
- Built in search
- Tag oriented (fixed and user generated tags)
- Clicking on a tag will conduct a search for that tag
4. Clean, attractive design
- CSS based
- Must comply with W3C standards
- Team must be very adept with Web 2.0 design features (site will mimic the style of Yahoo! Music. Please check out their use of Web 2.0 design elements.)
5. Moderation & Administration features
- Admin panel
- Ability to hide, delete, and edit individual elements
- Ability to hide, delete, and edit tags (both permanent and user generated)
- Ability to configure search and list pages
- Ability to configure homepage featured boxes
- Code must be scalable
- We are aiming to serve ~100,000 UU (Unique Users/month)
After doing some preliminary research, we did not find an appropriate CMS for this project. The open-source CMS platforms were either too simple or too complex for our needs. Therefore, we would like you or our design firm to build everything from scratch.
Members of the development team must be:
1. Very adept with Photoshop and vector graphic design programs (e.g. Fireworks) to finish off the design
2. Very skilled with AJAX, PHP, and MySQL. We are open to other programming platforms. (Everything except Rails since we want to build with heavy traffic in mind).
3. Team should be familiar with code optimization and scalability
If you are interested and would like more information, please contact us with the following information:
1. A comprehensive portfolio and a short description that highlights your best frontend work and your best backend work (working example and source if possible).
2. A couple of sentences why you would like to take on this project.
3. Description of your team or firm.
4. If you have a backend CMS / Administration system you would like to use, please let us know; otherwise, we expect everything to be built from scratch.
TIMELINE & PRICING
The selected individual or firm will start work immediately. We are aiming to launch this project sometime late August 2008. The final code should be delivered to us mid-August.
We are willing to pay a price somewhere in the thousands. $1,000 to $3,500 depending on you our your team’s qualifications, portfolio, and experience.
Looking forward to hear from you!
59 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $2649 på dette job
We are a professional web design and development company with a track record of designing excellent web development and other complex web portals. Please see PMB Thanks Rohit MindGenies