Unnamed RPG Project:
I'm looking to run (along with artist friends) an online MMORPG, similar to Pokemon. Here are the things that would be required:
- Shows the area around the character, and the ability to move left-right-up-down (where possible)
- Map thats exactly where you are, and all the users online, around you. I assume GD would be the best way to acheive this.
- AJAX Compatible. I know that I'd hate having to refresh the entire page everytime I wanted to move left a space.
- At the start of the game, you are given a pet of your choice. This is your 'main' pet.
- In random encounters, you have the ability to capture pets, that you can switch between as your main pet outside of battle.
- Pets have specific skills, and can learn more skills via training, and from specific NPCs
- Pets have experiance, and gain levels through battling.
- There are random encounters, that happen in areas specifically designated (ie: high grass blocks)
- You and another online player can move on the same space, and agree to battle each other.
- There are also NPCs who will conduct in battles (ie: battle centers, and things like that)
- There has to be pre-existing code for different types of NPCs. Including:
- Sellers (NPCs in their own shops, shopping centers, citys, etc)
- Battle NPCs. Engage in a battle, with their already set pets.
- And ones who will talk and talk and talk.
- Need to have the ability to add custom code to NPCs (ie: $user->give_item(itemid); ) and still have htem say "Oh. Here is this item!"
- When you register, you are able to pick your pixel-self, and a full-figure character.
- During the game, in shops, from random encounters, etc, you can find clothing. This can be attached to your character (again: GD, best idea) whichs when people battle you, but not on your pixel character
- Obviously a sophisticated panel would be needed for a game like this. With the ability add new maps easily, designate where pets will be, what type they are, where NPCs go, etc.
- Ability to edit users, pets, suspend users, etc etc.
There is obviosuly more that would be included, so please leave a comment asking anything that you want.