The Car Showcase is in need of a professional experienced programmer/coder:
We need someone who can do this job in a timely manner and communicate with us professionally. Our last coder(s) gave us problems whenever we asked them to make changes, and do work. If coding is a part-time thing for you, and you have to be told by us to do work, you are not the guy we are looking for. We need someone who will put several hours of work a day into this project. Please remember we are a business, and we have yet to come across a coder who has helped make the vision of our website become a reality. Despite working 7+ months with two different coders, there are still major issues with the site. Please review what is below, and DO NOT POST A BID UNLESS YOU ARE POSITIVE that you can complete everything listed. Remember that if we like your effort, your skills, and the job you do, we will not hesitate to hire you for the second version (4-6 months away), which will be an expensive job.
1) Construct a Content Management System (CMS) that will allow us to:
• Change/Delete/put in rotation different website headers
• Make announcements that show up in member lobby
• Gather list of users who have referrals
• Gather list of emails that users sign up with and be able to create a mailing list and send a message to all users
• Edit contest system (refer to #3)
• Edit/Change/Delete user’s profile & pictures
• Edit/Change/Delete/Upload banner advertisements
o Install PHPadsfree system that allows advertisers to view impressions on their ads (downloadable offline)
2) Member Lobby:
• Make the entire left hand navigation coded in AJAX
• Code all pages of the member lobby in CSS
• If a member has a new message or a new friend request, the bar that says “New Message” should be blinking when they login
• When editing profile, or vehicle, create the tabbed pages in AJAX to ensure quick loading
• Dropdown menus for vehicles need to work so that when a MAKE is chosen, they must select a MODEL or they cannot add a car
• SAVE buttons must appear in the design of all tabbed pages (some appear below)
• Look at the border of the tabbed boxes; they need to be able to stretch, without having any design errors
• In the left hand navigation, put a ?-mark button in the Edit Profile bar, and in the Add Vehicle bar, that when users mouse-over, a small menu pops up explaining what each is for
• Require users to upload a picture if they Add a Vehicle
o Currently, it is optional to upload a photo when adding a vehicle. Can we make it so that when our CURRENT users log in and they have not uploaded a picture for their vehicle, something pops up asking them to?
• The grey background behind all the information must extend the full length of the page to the bottom
• When you add a vehicle there is the option to input individual modifications. We would like to add a description box for each tab (performance, interior, exterior, audio) so users can type the general modifications instead of having to insert them one by one.
• If users enter individual modifications, they should be able to switch the order that they appear on their profile
3) Contest System: We will have a contest system where there will be 4 tiers or levels (Triple Crown, Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3) Each tier will have a category that will change monthly (I.E. Best interior modification, Best performance modification) Each tier will be awarding a prize. The contests will take place monthly. We will provide the design for this shortly.
• Users will enter the contest by filling out a small form that will ask for the name they registered with, their location, contact email, and a small description. They will only be able to enter if they are registered on the site
• Users will only be able to enter (1) of the (4) contests monthly. If they already have entered one, and they try to enter another, it will automatically know because they will have to input their username into the field when they submit a form. It should give them an error message saying sorry you have already entered a contest this month, you can re-enter next month.
• There will be a View Entries section for each tier. If I want to view the entries for the Triple Crown event, I can click view entries and it will go to a page that lists all users that have entered in that tier, with a thumbnail of their default car picture that will link to their user profile
• Rules page will open up in a popup box
• We should be able to Edit Text in the contest system, and upload pictures of the prizes for that month (refer to #1 CMS)
• We should be able to delete or remove people who enter a contest if we suspect cheating of any kind
• We may require some AJAX for the contest system. We will let you know once the design for the system is finished (about 1 week)
4) The Car Showcase Blog
• Integrate the TCS Blog into the main site, so it does not take you to a different location. You can view an example of this integration here: [url removed, login to view]
5) Advertising Page
• We are designing an advertising section that we will need sliced and coded. It will have about a 4-link navigation where interested advertisers will be able to view ads sizes and prices
6) Member Profiles
• Pages need to be coded in CSS so that they load faster
• Grey backgrounds need to stretch the ENTIRE page to the bottom
• Add a friend system needs to be fixed. Currently people are receiving errors when trying to add a friend (error can be seen if you go to the forums, go to the bugs section, and view some posts about it)
• If a user enters a lengthy comment, the comment should go to the next line and the page should not stretch out of shape. Also, if a user inputs some html into their “about” section, the page should stretch accordingly, keeping the design in shape.
• When a user clicks a members personal picture, or a picture of their car, it should go directly to all their pictures
• New picture code must be installed. Our current code does not properly resize images like Myspace does. This code should be applied to images allover the site, on every page where resizing is needed
• When viewing a large photo, we need to eliminate the left side margin, so that the picture will take up the entire page. We will provide a small mockup soon to give you an idea of what we mean and how it should look
• Put a report abuse/picture link on all profiles that will allow users to report abuse/un-allowed pictures. The report abuse will go at the bottom of each users profile and if clicked it will say “Are you sure you want to report this user for abuse?” On the images page, it should have a place where it says “Report Image” and if clicked it will say “Are you sure you want to report this image because it is in violation of TCS policy”? All reports should go directly to my email and should just link me to the page where the report was filed
• When viewing user’s images, they load slowly and for some reason you can see code as the image loads. For example go to [url removed, login to view] and view the images of my car. Scroll to the bottom of the page quickly while it loads and you will see a bunch of numbers as each image thumbnail loads
7) Bottom Navigation
• The about & privacy should popup in a box, not a new page, when clicked
• We will provide a rough mockup of how the new lower navigation should look so that it appears better and out of sight on people’s profiles
• Create a contact form page. It will be a basic page that will ask for name, email, subject, and then a field for a member to enter their message. We do not want to use vBulletin’s contact page, which we are using now.
8) Registration - Reminder: We currently have the registration bridged with vBulletin so that when you register on the site, you are also registered in the forums. Let me know if you have any vBulletin experience. If not, try not to touch the code for it.
• There is a problem with people’s ages when they register. Apparently in the profiles it shows up as them being a few years old or younger than what they actually input when they register
• We would like to insert text below the logo that shows benefits of signing up
• Where it says “you agree to the terms” the terms box should open in a popup when clicked
9) Cross Browser Optimization
• The website MUST work flawlessly without errors in all web browsers (Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Netscape, Opera, Safari, etc.)
10) Miscellaneous: Hopefully some things you can look into
• Someone emailed us a list of coding errors they found when they ran a program. The program listed over 150 lines of code that need to be fixed. Perhaps you know what program this is, and you can run it to spot errors and fix code
• When logging into the admin panel or connecting to the site there is a MYSQL overload error. We believe that there is something our coder accidentally did in the code that caused this. When the error occurs, it says that all max mysql connections have occurred. Also the site database is wiped, showing 0 members. However, once the host resets mysql access, the problem is fixed & the database is restored showing the correct number of members
• Some members have been complaining that other people’s pictures are showing up in their profiles. I will provide you a direct link to the issue ASAP.
BUDGET: $800: Negotiable.
We would like it if you are based in the United States.
Project Timeframe: 1 month
Depending on how well you perform this entire task, we may end up hiring you full time with pay, and also as our coder for the 2nd version of our website, which will be started on in 3-6 months, and will be a costly job.
21 freelancers are bidding on average $1059 for this job
Hello sir. We have work on many dating portals, hotel reservation, shopping carts sites. We assure you to give regular updates about projects and good quality work. Please see pm.
All the required features will be provided in 30 [url removed, login to view] would like to introduce ourselves as a group of freelance web designers located in US,China and [url removed, login to view] are driven by the philosophy of customer satisfaction Mere