We are interested in hiring a PHP developer/team on a long-term contract basis who is can create PHP scripts to amnipulate database data. Database used is MySQL database (see attachment).
We have created web crawlers to crawl various sites for data. This data is being populated into various tables in the database. We need to ensure the data is up-to-date and accurate, as well as "scrubbed".
We have the need for the following scripts/functions:
1. Keyword Matching Script – Script to ensure that duplicate records are not being created for the same information. Code must gauge the proximity of the match, based on an algorithm which matches key words. This script will be utilized to match keywords in various tables and thus should be fairly flexible.
2. Deletion Script – Script which deletes repetitive or expired listings (based on expiration date field) from tables and inserts them into the table of purged records ([purged_record]).
3. Record Matching Script – Code which attempts to match nearly identical records found during the execution of the on-demand crawlers to existing records in various tables based on matching criteria. Algorithm will be explained.
4. Local Retailers Store Number Script – Given stores with a brick and mortar presence in the database, will search the brick and mortar stores’ websites to retrieve the store information, specifically the store number (e.g., “BestBuy #48” matching an actual physical location) and any other missing store information not already recorded in the store table.
5. Product Picture Script – Given a product, be able to capture and store the picture of the product in a picture table in the database. Avoid duplication of pictures.
6. UPC Code Matching Algorithm – Match a product based on various attributes (namely Brand and Model and/or Key Words) to a product in an existing UPC database to retrieve the product’s UPC Code, which will be stored in the product table. You may use the Keyword Matching Script to achieve this.
7. Other scripts, as you deem necessary to achieve the scripts above.
1. The scripts should enable another PHP page to execute it as needed (i.e., initiated when required) and the data parsed into the appropriate tables, without duplication of records.
5. Contractor will agree to and sign the Service Agreement contract. 6. Quote provided on a bundled basis. Payment will be contingent upon meeting milestones throughout the project (i.e., delivering working code). The final payment will be made before the end of the entire project dependent on meeting all requirements and conclusion of testing.
7. Contractor must participate in bi-weekly meetings and provide daily status updates. Once a project starts, you must provide daily updates and must be available on an ad-hoc basis for conference calls via Skype. Conferencing will be conducted on GotoMeeting (already paid for).
8. Scripts must be periodically backed up, uploaded and tested on our servers. Final acceptance of a script is contingent on testing and approval by management.
9. Contractor will provide project timeline, noting milestones of when various scripts and web crawlers will be delivered, unless agreed upon in the Service Agreement. If the contractor anticipates that it will miss the deadline, management must be notified. Any delays in the project timeline must be agreed by both parties.
10. Contractor will work closely with PeerShopper™ team members in testing and integrating scripts into existing code.
11. Contractor will provided evidence of previous work using PHP.
12. You must include 1 month of assistance and upgrades, as deemed necessary upon successful completion of the project.