NOTE: Budget May be increased if Freelancer can justify a higher budget amount, even if the requested increase is signiifcantly higher than the estimated project budget. Please feel free to bid honestly and competitively.
WHAT: This project is the first step in creating a next-generation social network. If the site is done well, more projects over the website’s lifecycle can be expected.
BENEFITS TO YOU: Beyond normal pay, there are CASH BONUSES on this project for exceeding quality and time expectations (all paid via [url removed, login to view] Payment System). Further, good performance on this project can lead to you being awarded one or more follow-on projects on [url removed, login to view] without having to compete.
GUIDANCE: Very clear and specific guidance is provided for you to minimize the guesswork and to make it easier for you to accurately estimate cost/time. I’ll be available throughout the project to answer any questions about the design and functionality.
In order to bid, please review the Project Agreement, and provide the a bid with the following details:
• Estimated Time to Complete Project (in business days)
• Maximum Time to Complete Project (in business days)
• Desired Start Date
• Price per Milestone (7 Milestones), and Total Price
• Will you, the Freelancer, sign the NDA? (Yes/No). If No, please suggest where you seek revision and we can talk about it.
• Are you, the Freelancer, at least 18 years old, or older? (Able to make a legal contract...)
***REQUIREMENT NOT FORMERLY SPECIFIED: an API is needed for the site (for later integration with mobile devices)
This will be added to the project agreement prior to project award.
IMPORTANT UPDATES/CHANGES TO PROJECT IS BELOW (e.g. NO LONGER A PHP PROJECT, NOW RUBY):
(1) this site can only be built with the Ruby programming language, with the Ruby on Rails framework preferred, and an appropriate database solution to fit the large scale of the site. (ignore request for PHP)
(2) the scope to include things like chat, newsfeed, and calendar, as well as some other less significant tweaks
(3) I will be accepting bids MORE THAN $3,000 - $5,000, so long as the added cost is clearly justified
I am deeply sorry for any inconvenience stemming from the changes, and I hope we may still be able to work together. If not, best of luck in your endeavors, and thank you again for your interest.