We are a retail company with a new Australian CMS and e-commerce website built on the Joomla/Virtuemart platforms, that is 90% ready to launch.
We are seeking an experienced web developer based in Melbourne to implement a number of security upgrades and bug fixes in order to get the site ready to launch, and then to maintain the site on an ongoing basis.
The developer will be responsible for:
Prior to Launch:
• Implementing a version upgrade of site and all outstanding security patches
• Completing a bug fixing and testing programme that has arisen following a server migration
• Liaising with our previous web agency to collate and archive all relevant documentation
• Monitoring the release of version updates and security patches, and the installation of these as required
• Amending content, links and graphics built into code, and not able to be updated via CMS
• Adding and removing components, plugins, templates and modules
• Liaising with the IT department to ensure the ongoing monitoring of the website’s security
• Bug fixing and the correction of any broken scripts
• Ensuring the site stays live at all times
• Developing and maintaining a full back-up copy/staging site of the website
• Responding to any issues with swift and decisive action
The developer will need to develop strong working relationships with Marketing, IT and channel managers, and will need to provide open and honest communications and timely responses to any issues that may arise. We are seeking a developer with a proactive approach to the identification of any potential security or functional problems.
The expected time commitment prior to launch will be approximately 8-10 hours.
Following launch, the initial project will be for a commitment of two hours per week (eight hours per month), with scope to increase as required. This will include attendance at a weekly meeting. As such, flexibility is important.