:::: IMPORTANT :::::
I am hosting a Mediatemple Dedicated (VE) 4.0, with 4GB of ram, and more disk space than I will ever use. I am upgrading from their 3.5 (VE) hosting, because of the option of better performance.
What my Joomla Site is doing:
On the 3.5:
1) Some of the components that were customized due it conflicting with a Joomlart template I bought, because Joomlart using mootools, and the component used jquery. So I had a programmer here from freelance, fix this issue.
2) Then I started to notice that the same component, which was a gallery did not let me upload photos any longer. Which I still need to get fixed.
3) Last thing that was effecting the site was, pictures disappear when I refresh a page. When I refreshed an article the pictures disappeared, but if I cleaned the cache they were back. Don't know what the solution to this is, as I have not found it. But this is a problem that needs to be fixed.
Testing on the 4.0 (VE): (not yet moved)
1) So far, the migration hasn't worked.
2) Simply reuploading from the old site is causing very large use of resources on the 4.0.
3) Last thing I am going to try to reinstall a fresh Joomla [url removed, login to view], and then export the database from the 3.5 into the 4.0. And reinstall all the new components. Hopefully this sorts out the issues.
**** But what I need fixed are the issues with 2, and 3 on the 3.5 (VE) server I am on.