1) You should have experience with Google maps or heat maps that you can show me.
2) I have files on my server and I want to be able to generate graphs from them. (My scripts generate new files and then I want to make heat maps based on these new files.) The program should allow the user to choose a file and then create the heat map. The graphs should allow for the user to visualize different variables. The model for the map tool should be [url removed, login to view]
3) So the map should be annimated and show allow for the user to show "heat" for different variables. There should be a pulldown menu that will display all the variables. This will be the first step (after selection of the file to be used). The user can then select 4 different variables. This will be the four colored buttons that you can see at the top right of [url removed, login to view] So they choose 4 variables to visualize simultaneously and then they can play the automation as shown on that site ([url removed, login to view]). The size of the actually google map should be somewhat adjustable. The color of the background of the application does not need to be the (ugly) blue at [url removed, login to view]
4) There should also be a "ALL Time" button that shows the heat for any of the selected variables summarized over the entire time frame. The user would select a single variable for this and then the could see a heat map for just that variable over the entire time frame. In this case the size of the map could be larger since the graphs won't be present. Ajax should be used on this map so that when the user clicks on an area the closest record to that location should display the "Text" field of that record. Actually it should display the Text field of the 3 closest records.
5) There should also be the option to have two instances of the google map shown next to each other. This would not be in the case of the animated map (not like #3 above) but two instances of the case #4 above. This is so that the user can visualize two different variables (in the ALL TIME mode) next to each other.
6) The files are csv files. However I want to have a script that will make a temporary table in a mysql database (made specifically for this application). The script would simply (?) read the file and based on the number of columns and the column names create a table with these fields and then upload the csv as the records for this table.
Maybe there could be a "loading indicator" until the graph is ready.
The steps would be something like this
1. User navigates to a file on the server.
2. there is button that says something like, graph this file.
3. user presses that button
4. a script is run that creates a table (this table will later be
deleted but you don't have to worry about that) with the fields coming
from the file column names and the records being the rows of the file.
5. Then you do the normal graph sets to create the graphs based on
calls to this table.
The code should be modular enough so that if I decide to just access database data (instead of starting with the csv files) that it should not be hard to chop the code and do this.
Here is a nice beginning but not exactly what I am after.
[url removed, login to view]