There is a legacy Filemaker program which is being ported to symfony. It has about 1,500 hours completed by experienced and professional coders, and we need two programmer to work in a team to finish it. Coders must have strong AJAX and symfony skills.
We expect 300 hours remaining, but you may budget for 400 hours, because there will be some learning, and also some requests from the client for little cosmetic changes.
I attached the work list (and some screen shots). Each item has been given an estimate from the programmers who worked on it, and the hours are more than you would need for each task.
1. Implement Invoices. <4 days>
2. Buttons "Add Compensation" "Add Company" "Add Education" "Add Reference" should have the same behavior as the "Add Phone" button <1.5 days>
3. Highlight search results for resume text. ------cancelled-------- <0 days - I'll do it>
4. Make the front page a meaningful user entry point, highlighting current or active work for the logged in user <1 day>
5. Contact page search troubleshooting: eg search categories can't appear in two dropdowns. <.5 day>
6. fix the tabs.------cancelled-------- <0 days - I'll do it>
7. Various email-resulting dialogs should behave more like email. Save should be Send, should drop email in queue. Attachments too. <3 days>
8. Message templates. Templates are defined under Administration, and are used for mail, letter and fax communication. <4 days>
9. Administration page is really a set of back-end forms for administering users, lists and templates. It's cramped into the center of the page. The look could be opened up to regular forms (medium priority) and the updating needs to be troubleshot (high) <4d>
10. Contacts / new interview page has two popups that don't work, for address and phone. The company popup does work. Also the two "Confirm" buttons should be tested <.5d>
11. Same with New Placement page <.5 day>
12. Contacts / send resume dialog, the popups don't work for company and emails <.5d>
13. Delete contact should be tested. Not clear it's useful, probably better if inactive <.5d>
14. Resume for specific contact: Fix the Options dropdown. Also fix the look-and-feel of the merged sections (header, footer, experience, education, references), and the order selection, to create 'Finished' that looks ok <3d>
15. Company / New Contact and Company / New Job should autofill the company correctly <.5h>
16. Company / Directions / Map should restore the google map currently commented out. Don't know if it works <.5d>
17. Some calendars are not popups. This happens in certain frame situations where the reference to the library gets lost. <1d>
18. Probably shouldn't delete journal entries either, just inactivate them or nothing at all<.5d>
19. When way down a detail page, and edit a subform or tabbed area, and then cancel, the user is left hanging at the botton seeing nothing but whitespace. What has actually happened is that the ajax redraw of the panel has made the panel shorter in place. What should happen is that along with this, the user should be jumped up to an anchor at top of page. <1d>
20. Troubleshoot searching in Journal entries. <2d>
21. Original LARS allowed the user to create a message. The button on the form says Letter, but it really allows for email, or physical hard copy print of a letter, and supposedly also a faxable page. A dialog / wizard popped up, with the current Contact and a form to select a template. Based on a template this could be any number of things, like a contract for clients etc. This Letter function5+ality needs to be created as another button on the Contact page (I think). Maybe the Company page too, or maybe it's another top-level. <5d>
22. Emails / Quick Search doesn't work <2d>
23. The Email subsystem is awkward in the original LARS, it doesn't have several normal email capabilities like reply to all. See #7 So this would be an extension of the current functionality but it would help them <5d>
24. replacing email system based on Entourage with postfix------cancelled-------- <0>
25. There is a set of utilities for converting the original Filemaker data tables to MySQL. We think they lose some data, although they are generally correct. Also we should try to write an export from MySQL that could be a fallback to Filemaker. <4d>
Milestone 3, end.