I need a booking module developed for Drupal 6. If you are interested, please provide me with links to examples of previous Drupal work that you have done (modules). I will then email you a specification list for the required module.
Booking Engine needed features:
* Possibility to pay for rooms online with Ubercart (http://www.ubercart.org/) for users (Using DPS as a payment gateway http://drupal.org/project/uc_paymentexpress)
* A booking calendar displaying bookable resources like (rooms, cars, tours etc.) in a matrix with days to see which resource is free on which day.
* A search widget to allow visitors to search for available rooms / tours etc
* When an online booking is made, the Admin / User can see their own booking in the booking calendar
* Each user with permissions is able to create their own booking content.
* Each user can view their posted bookings in their 'My Account' section
* When the user posts their booking price for their product (room, tour, car etc), lets say $100NZD, the person wanting to book the room only pays a percentage of that fee (lets say 10% - needs to be editable); so the person would only pay $10 through the Ubercart checkout process.
The percentage needs to be editable per provider... so maybe a field that only the admin can see where we can set what percentage this provider has to pay (in their account!?) So we will negotiate the percentage that we take with each provider.
* Need to be able to add and assign a particular 'content type' as a 'Booking Content Type'. So need to add a 'Hostels/Accommodation', 'Vehicle Rentals' and 'Tour Rentals'.
* Email is sent out to the provider that is renting out the room/item stating that a booking has been made etc. - (Needs to contain all the Booker's details - Ubercart might do this already, not sure)
* An email is sent to the main site administrator or specified email address that a booking has been made. (this is so we can track the amount of bookings that are being made) - (Ubercart might do this already, not sure)
* The provider will be able to go into our site and put up availability of their product.
The module needs to be made for Drupal 6. There is a similar module that already contains most of the features, so could use that as a building ground, called Agreservations (http://drupal.org/project/agreservations). Unfortunately this module does not allow users with appropriate permissions to create the booking content type. Only the administrator can create bookings, which is not suitable for our business. Also this module does not have separate content types for each booking category (Cars, Rooms, Tours etc), so cannot add/remove fields.
You can have a look at a similar booking process to what we require at http://www.expedia.co.nz/. As you will see, the home page has a booking search form where the users selects a category and date etc, and then searches for all available content. The required module is mainly going to cater for backpackers. The module needs to search through Hotel, backpacker Hostels, motels, camping grounds, rental cars, campervans, tours, busses, to start with. On Expedia the search filter does have a lot of preferences that the user can pick; we do not need this feature, but it would be good if we can control the search filter (could just use the Views module to make this easy..!??? - http://drupal.org/project/views).