I'm looking for someone to make some changes to an already well-built AJAX web portal. A web portal is like iGoogle and Netvibes.
The custom changes include:
1) Adding new layout formats. Note that it already supports N columns, so your job is to introduce a few new layouts.
2) Allowing layout formats to be selected in a similar way as that used by Netvibes.
3) Designing a neat, clean theme/interface for the frontpage.
4) Remove a few existing features.
5) Briefly, informally log changes made.
Tasks 2 and 3 require designing (and revising together) mockups before putting the designs into code.
Note that this is a relatively small part of a much larger project, which is used as a trial for the winning bidder. The winning bidder will most likely receive larger jobs in the future. Several workers on GAF are already in that position.
Interested bidders should indicate their experiences in working with AJAX and PHP.
The budget for this part is about $200.