I am looking to commission a cloan of the website Telebid.com. Some of you have been invited to this project because you bidded on a similar previous project and your bid was looked on favourably. Please bid again with the same terms/price if you can.
It's very important you understand fully how the site works before bidding; as it is a slightly unusual concept. It is a B2C auction platform, which means interests pay (50p) to bid. Each bid increments the auction price by 7p or 10p and extends the auction time by 10, 15 or 20 seconds. In the last 10 seconds of an auction, if a bid is placed the auction is extended by the relevant amount of time. I recommend you watch an auction pretending to be one of the bidders for at least 5 minutes.
What's more, the auction price is generally entirely notional as items eaither sell for a 'fixed price' (regardless of auction price) or are totally free. The introduction of an automatic 'bid placing' tool means people can set bids to go off whenever the auction goes below 10 seconds (at a random interval of 1 - 10 seconds left). Thus if ever a 'single bidder' fails to bid in the following 10 seconds, the automatic bid will win.
The site appears to be a game of skill to users - drop in in the last 2 seconds and I'll win! Analysing game theory of the game will reveal no two users would drop out, indeed a game will only be won when 4 or more (usually 6) players are involved, and all rely on each other to bid, and none act. In comparison, in a smaller game all players will bid every round, preventing the 'auction' from ending. Winners certainly get a bargain, but actual strategies to win are obscure.
The site earns much more than the value of the item.
Auctions are only online from 7am until Midnight, other than 1 or 2 night auctions to catch all the night traffic.
A brief summary of components to the site is:
- High Quality Design (must be at least as professional as telebid)
- Homepage with recently ending auctions
- Ability to login, manage account, record bids/auctions, buy bidding credit
- Integration with paypal and/or moneybookers to allow payment for bidding credits, which the site recognises and automatically adds to the persons account
- Auctions which function as described
- Admin tool to allow supervision of auctions and the ability to add new items easily (including specifying bid and time increment, whether sell for fixed price, free or actual auction price). Ability to queue auctions to launch on site.
- Ability for users to view upcoming auctions
- *Ability to create bots to mimick the bidders on the site to test functionality before going live, this is very important in the role of the website*
We are looking for a robust, well designed solution. It is very important the graphics are at least as attractive and professional as Telebids. Maybe a similar one with a orange blue contrast.
If you are a high quality developer, then instead of paying you a cash amount for which you might usually want more, we would instead consider offering you instead 10-15% of all the profits the company makes. for future projects. If you fully understand the auction concept you will see the lucrative value in this. I will more than likely also use you as the webmaster of the website for any upgrades/changes
If you are interested, it would be great to hear from you. We are looking for the project to be complete within 30 days. We are preferably looking to spend under $1,000. We are currently gearing up for marketing and advertising to ensure the site is a success.
Everyone: Please send personal non-robot responses only, The reason for this is to ensure i get the best person for the job and who has visited the site and understand the fundamentals. If you are serious about completing this project then feel free to bid.
*For some reason i cannot select the $350-1000 range budget*
*update* I know the price may be low, if you can do this job at a higher price then i will still be interested in looking. Regards