We are looking to install BBPress to run a forum on one of our sites. We already have our own CMS that runs the website with a login area for users. As we don't want to have to issue 2 different login credentials (one for website, one for forum), we are looking for a way to synchronise the tables. We propose to do this as follows:
- when somebody registers on our system we will automatically run a SQL script that inserts the same details into BBPress's user table [1 SQL INSERT statement]
- if somebody changes their details on our system, we need to run a SQL script to automatically update BBPress [1 SQL UPDATE statement]
- when somebody logs into our system, we want them to automatically log into BBPress (we expect this may involve setting certain session variables or cookies when the user logs into our system)
- currently, we wish to disable all ability to register and log in directly through BPress - they must use our system instead.
We do not require anybody to set this up for us, however, please provide instructions on what to do. For example:
1. Run this script upon registration
2. Set this varible upon login
3. Change these lines of code in the forum files.
The ideal candidate must be able to inform us that they have used BBPress before.