I am a school teacher and need an application, perhaps Visual Basic or Java. I would like the application to look like the T.V. show game "Are you SMARTER than a 5th GRADER. The game does not have to be terribly professional looking but needs to be quite functional and flexible.
Here are the particulars:
1. The game does not have to be run online but rather a users (teachers) workstation is sufficient (client-side application).
2. The game should have simple to use flat file, i.e. notepad, to hold the grade level (i.e. if 8th Grade is listed on the flat file the game would turn into "Are you Smarter than an 8th Grader, etc." All questions should be easy to modify on the flat file for the game. Some type of interface to a table would be nice but a .txt file will suffice.
3. Once the game begins there should be five grade levels visible, i.e. 1 to 5 if the user select 5th grade as the top grade. If the user select 12th grade as the top grade then the game will show the respective descending grades 12, 11, 10, 9, 8 (alway five showing)
4. The following subjects: World History, Measurements, Science, Phyiscial Science, Health, U.S. Geography, World Geography, Art, Animal Science and Astronomy as the default but these categories should be modifiable - maximum of 10 categories always.
5. As with the T.V. show, the game should allow a peek, a copy, a save, and a dropout feature.
View the following site for an example of how the game? is played:
<[url removed, login to view]>
Unfortunately, I will need this application in 4 days time - Must be ready by Thursday (23 October 2008).