I need a Windows & Mac compatable Java program that is run from within a browser. The user signs into a website which enables them to click a button to start recording anything they do on thier desktop, primarily video playbacks. They then click a button to stop recording and the captured video is sent to the website as an AVI file(or better file type).
Step by step on how I envisage this to work.
1) User signs-in to website. (PHP & MySQL driven)
2) User selects 'Start recording desktop'
3) Java program starts and presents a small window with a button, 'Start recording now' (program GUI window stays in foreground)
4) User is prompted to start playing a video (ie CCTV footage) on thier PC (Java program captures this at an approximate frame rate of 10fps)
5) User clicks 'Stop & upload' button on window when finished.
6) Java program uploads captured video in AVI? format to a folder on the webserver (SSL) using HTML POST method. Users upload destination folder is set using a PHP Variable. File name can simply be the date & time of the capture.
The reason for this project is because I want it to be as easy a possible for a user to upload small segments of a large video file without having to splice the original video and upload a section(s) of the original file. File types are various, leading to other issues. No audio will be required. This method will also result in video files of the same type.