I need a Windows & Mac compatable Java program that is run from within a browser. The user signs into a website which enables them to click a button to start recording anything they do on thier desktop, primarily video playbacks. They then click a button to stop recording and the captured video is sent to the website as an AVI file(or better file type).
Step by step on how I envisage this to work.
1) User signs-in to website. (PHP & MySQL driven)
2) User selects 'Start recording desktop'
3) Java program starts and presents a small window with a button, 'Start recording now' (program GUI window stays in foreground)
4) User is prompted to start playing a video (ie CCTV footage) on thier PC (Java program captures this at an approximate frame rate of 10fps)
5) User clicks 'Stop & upload' button on window when finished.
6) Java program uploads captured video in AVI? format to a folder on the webserver (SSL) using HTML POST method. Users upload destination folder is set using a PHP Variable. File name can simply be the date & time of the capture.
The reason for this project is because I want it to be as easy a possible for a user to upload small segments of a large video file without having to splice the original video and upload a section(s) of the original file. File types are various, leading to other issues. No audio will be required. This method will also result in video files of the same type.
The Java program should post the captured video (AVI) back to the same page which will then upload it. File size should not exceed 30-40Mb.
An example of how the capture program would work can be found here http://www.teamdev.com/jxcapture/
Another and the best example of what I want is http://www.screencast-o-matic.com