This is a simple program.
Create Word Index from RTF Files and display in swing-app.
(see attached application)
1. I give you a directory
2. Find all files with certain extension(s)
- check list of already parsed files
If files doesn't exist in parsed files then parse and add info to word-index
If file has already been indexed then check [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view]
if either is different then remove all references to it and remove all words in word-index data that
only belong to that file....
3. Create a Help file like index so each word is associated with 1 or more documents that contain it
4. create list of words and the associated file(s) that the word appears in each word should be the key to an arrayList containing all the DocumentProps class that contain that word
5. Load the words in wordsListBox
- when someone clicks on a word populate the DocumentsContainingWord listbox
6. When someone selects a document the populate the JTextEditorPane with the RTF document.
It should be well-tested and well-documented.
You must also be willing to answer questions...
I'd want delivery in phases... so I can be sure we're in agreement and on the right track.
Phase I: Search the directory, create the wordList and populate the word-list box
Phase II: When somenone selects a word populate the DocumentsContainingWord listbox
Phase III: When someone select a document in the DocumentsContainingWord listbox, populate the JEditorPane with the document.
2 quick notes:
1. Because the files are RTF, they need to be opened in an rtf editor which would remove the formatting characters and THEN the text could be copied to the clipboard and parsed...
2. This should operate like the 2nd tabpage(index) in window's help system.
If interested please leave your price and time estimate...
Now I've attached the program...
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).